March 20, 2020
Thank you for the encouragement and support you have shown our teachers and staff this week. You have been very kind and gracious as we have worked to continue teaching and learning in a very short amount of time. Thank you for your continued patience as we move forward. As in starting anything new, the system and our efforts are not perfected. I am asking our faculty to overflow with grace towards our students and I hope you will do the same with us. I wanted to give you an update:
• We made the decision to close the school building effective at 3:00 pm today. While the doors close; faculty and administration all continue to work remotely. We will be conducting business as usual just not from our campus. However, if you are in need of anything from me or a member of our school family, please email me at email@example.com. I am ready to serve you.
• We are aware that the Governor of Mississippi announced the closure of all public schools until April 17. At this time, Northpoint has not made the decision to be closed beyond March 27, but will be closely watching how the pandemic progresses in the state. At this time, all field trips, school trips, and home mission class trips have been cancelled. Our theatre production of Into the Woods has been postponed. TSSAA has not made a decision to cancel all sporting events, and so we are hoping to be able to continue our spring sports when we return to school. At this time, there are no plans to change the dates of Northpoint Baccalaureate (May 8) and graduation (May 9) as they are scheduled.
• Decisions concerning Northpoint closing beyond March 27, will be made by Mr. Ferguson and communicated to families through email, on school social media, and our school website.
• Communication is key! For grades 1-12, please make sure you are receiving updated information via PowerSchool Learning. This is our learning management system we are using to keep you informed with up to date information on your child’s academic progress during remote learning. I am confident we will all be successful if we communicate effectively during this time.
• As you can imagine, some teachers are more advanced with technology than others. Everyone is learning at a fast and furious pace. Teachers will present lessons using different methods. Every class will not look the same. Ultimately, we desire to teach lessons in a variety of ways so the student can master the content. Thank you for your patience and kindness as we learn and grow.
• If you or your child becomes overwhelmed, confused, and/or frustrated, please contact your teacher, directly. If this occurs, it is not what I, nor the teacher wants. We will work to help solve any issues that arise. I respectfully request that you not use social media or social media groups to vent about our school and teachers. Thank you. 🙂
• PowerSchool Learning is constantly up and down with the increased usage. They are continuing to make upgrades to this system. When viewing assignments or loading assignments on PowerSchool Learning, it may not appear instantaneously, please give the system time to upload or refresh your computer screen. Remember, there are more users online at once than ever before; this a PowerSchool Learning issue and they are working fervently to improve user function.
• Teachers will be using a variety of teaching/learning tools to disseminate information. The variety of teaching methodologies may include videos, PowerPoints/slides, documents, or live meetings. New teaching/learning techniques may be added during this remote learning experience.
• Contact teachers if you have a question about assignments.
• Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have an issue with PowerSchool Learning logins or have technical needs. Please be aware that IT Help may have a delayed response, depending on the time of day that you email, but WILL get back to you as quickly as possible.
• When students log in to PowerSchool Learning, they will click “Sign in with Google”. When parents log in, they will enter their username and password at the bottom of the screen.
Spiritual Encouragement for You and Your Family:
• Get a daily text message of scripture. Download the Remind app and receive a devotional word from the Word, please text @Getcloser to 81010. Our Spiritual Life Director, Dr. Mackey, sends this out each day as a way of helping our students and staff draw closer to the Lord. Parents, you can join in as well. I hope this will be something you will consider adding to your family’s daily spiritual journey.
• We are a Northpoint Family and we want to pray with you. We want to know how we may pray for you. If you have a prayer request, please email it to email@example.com. Our spiritual Life Director, Dr. Mackey will receive these prayer requests.
• Access free bible studies and videos (including Veggie Tales) for your entire family at RightNowMedia. Our Northpoint Family is given free access to these movies, and online bible studies. Check them out at this time. You can sign up to access Right Now Media through email https://www.rightnowmedia.org/Account/Invite/NorthpointCS You may also sign up through text. If you text, RIGHTNOW NCSTROJANS to 41411 your free access to Right Now Media awaits! (There is a space between Rightnow NCSTROJANS) Not Case Sensitive
Once again, thank you for your continued prayers and support. And again, our hope, strength and trust are in the Lord. God is sovereign, and He remains in control. May we all find assurance in His promises!
Head of School
Northpoint Christian School