HIGH SCHOOL ANNOUNCEMENTS
Friday, October 19, 2018.
Come on Northpoint! Help a deserving family get a new home. Registration ends tomorrow for the Home Run for Habitat 5K. Students can receive Service Hours for participating. The run will be on Sunday, October 21st at 3:00 in Snowden Grove Park. A Northpoint Team picture will be made at 2:10. Register at homerunforhabitat.racesonline.com.
Trivia Club members: White Station is hosting a Jr. High Knowledge Bowl Tournament. If you are interested in going and representing Northpoint, please talk to Mr. Morris for details.
The Trojan Yearbooks are on sale now. Go to our website and hover over Campus Life and choose Online Payments from the dropdown. Scroll to the link in the yearbook article “Yearbook Order Center.” Follow the instructions. Please order through this link. There will be NO EXTRA YEARBOOKS on delivery day. Cost for the yearbook is $50. If you have questions see Coach Sheron.
There is a donation box in the Lobby for you to place your items for the Shoeboxes for Soldiers. A list of needed items is posted. Let’s give back to those who serve our country. Deadline to give is October 24th.
Attention all Cast and Crew of The Game’s Afoot: Next Tuesday the 23rd and next Thursday the 25th, we will be painting the set after rehearsal. You must attend at least one of these nights of painting.
• Parking Lot reminder: Students with an assigned parking spot must display their parking sticker in either the front or back windshield. Failure to do so will result in the spot being re-assigned. Students that drive to school and fail to obtain a parking sticker may have their on-campus driving privilege revoked. If you have any questions, see Mr. Wrigley or Mr. Hinton.
• Students are reminded that when the weather is cold that only Northpoint outerwear is permitted during the school day. All non-NCS outerwear must be stowed in your locker.
• Students are reminded that 6 minutes are allotted to transit between classes. Using more than the time allotted may result in demerits issued.
• Students are reminded that NCS dress code requires all male students to be clean shaven. If you can’t decide if you need to shave, SHAVE.
• Students are reminded that NCS policy requires ladies skirts to reach the top of the knee.
• Students are reminded that NCS Policy requires t-shirt color to be white, khaki, gray, yellow, or navy. Red, orange, turquoise, or other colors are not.
Remember you can drop off your canned goods for Cans for Candlelight in Trojan Hall and the East Wing. Please label the bag with your canned items with your Grade.
The next ACT testing date sign up is for December 8, 2018. Registration deadline is November 2nd. Late registration (Extra fee cost) runs from November 3-19. The Northpoint School Code is 252-222.
The next ACT Workshops at Northpoint will be on December 1, February 2, and April 6. Workshops are $100 each workshop. These workshops are restricted to students in grades 9-12. Make checks payable to Riki Jackson. Please let Mrs. Dye know if you are interested.
October 20 Bandmaster Competition
October 23 Band Night (6:00 PM)
October 26 Sports Senior Night
October 29 Senior Invitations and Cap and Gown Informational Meeting (Students only)
October 30 Choir “Night of Praise” (7:00 PM)
November 10 Northpoint Dodgeball Tournament
Coming: Senior Night for Football, Cheer, Band, Cross Country, Girls and Boys Golf, and the Trap Team. Make plans to come out next Friday to honor our Seniors.