As always, we support what you think is best for your individual family, including offering you the option to have your student learn remotely. To help with this process, we have created a brief online form for families to complete, requesting their student(s) to switch to remote learning. It is our desire for all students making this request to return to in-person learning. However, if you have a student who is sick, who has been exposed to COVID-19, or for another reason, please complete this form and specify your reason for your student to remote learn.
Remote Learning Expectations
- Students will be utilizing PowerSchool Learning to view class assignments, obtain class information, and to communicate with the teacher. Students are expected to view all class information in PowerSchool Learning daily.
- Students are expected to participate in live learning sessions according to their class schedules.
- Student behavior expectations during remote learning is the same as if the student is participating on campus. Standards of Student Conduct are provided in the NCS Student Handbook and classroom policies.
- Students will have access to the NCS Technology Tips Class for assistance with technology needs or you may email ITHelp@ncstrojans.com for assistance.
Remote Learning Technology Requirements
To aid in the success of remote learning, basic technology requirements that students will need include:
- Laptop, PC, or Chromebook with video (includes a camera) and audio capabilities. NCS Chromebooks are available to be loaned to students. Email ITHelp@ncstrojans.com to arrange for pickup.
- Broadband Internet Access
- Chrome Web Browser
- Headphones or earbuds
- Access to GSuite account, PowerSchool Learning (PSL), and PowerSchool.
Remote Learning Request Process
- Parents will need to complete the Request for Remote Learning Form using the link below. A separate form is required for each student.
- Click HERE for the Request to Remotely Learn Form for Parents
- If a request for remote learning is for medical reasons, the NCS school nurse will contact the parents as needed.
- Parents will receive an email from the Technology Integrator with additional information related to using technology resources and coordination of textbook/supplies pick up if needed.
- Parents and students may receive additional information from teachers and/or principals as appropriate (i.e, final exams, chapel, change in schedule).